PAF and the First Coast Chapter work to promote the paralegal profession and the professional growth of each individual paralegal. One way we can do this is to provide you with a one-stop shop for information on opportunities for continuing legal education and paralegal certifications.
FCCPAF’s CLE Seminar Committee works to create CLE seminars in our area. These seminars and other CLE courses are listed, for your convenience, on the CLE Credit Opportunities page. Please visit often for updates and additions.
There are various certifications that paralegals can pursue in order to obtain professional credentials. These certifications demonstrate a commitment to professional growth since preparing for and taking certification exams takes dedication and time; however, the personal and professional fulfillment in obtaining these credentials is very rewarding. Below is a list of professional certifications available in the legal profession, along with links to the resources for more detailed information. We invite you to explore how you can enhance your skills and knowledge, and your marketability as a paralegal.
- The Florida Registered Paralegal – click here and visit The Florida Bar for more information
- NALA’s Certified Paralegal and Advanced Certified Paralegal – click here and visit NALA for more information
- Florida Certified Paralegal, administered by PAF – click here for more information
A couple of lesser known paralegal certifications are the:
- Professional Paralegal (PP) certification offered by NALS
- American Alliance Certified Paralegal (AACP) offered by the American Alliance of Paralegals, Inc.
The following are certifications related to the paralegal profession that demonstrate a high level of skill in the subject area:
- Summation, offered by AccessData
- Concordance, offered by LexisNexis
- Certified E-Discovery Specialists (CEDS), offered by the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists